Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

29 July 2009

5 weeks - take two

Well so far this is quite a different pregnancy to the last one, and I am really hoping to keep it that way. In my 5 week update with Turtledove I reported no morning sickness and in hindsight I now know that the pregnancy was not progressing as it should have. I didn't really worry about it at the time because I thought it had started at 6 weeks with Champ.

I have since managed to find my Champ pregnancy notes and there was a note at 5.5 weeks saying that I couldn't handle the nausea anymore and that Cowboy had 'better like this baby because I am not doing this again'. Ok, so here we are again, and here is the nausea again (yay!). But this time in light of the no morning sickness, no baby outcome last time, the nausea just makes me happy.

A symptom which is a first time for me is the thirst. It doesn't matter how much water I drink, my thirst is insatiable. I am also feeling the hip pain again which has been a signature of both of my pregnancies and have sensitive breasts, although not painful/tender.

I read through my notes and the breast tenderness with Champ hadn't started yet then either. I am wondering if the tenderness will be as dramatic this time around? I mean, my milk factory is still there, just not operational at the moment. Out of curiosity in the shower the other I day I 'tested' the machinery. Yep, still milk in there. I wonder if that is 5 month old milk or if it continually makes fresh stuff?

2 comments:

  1. I had immense thirst when preggo with Bean, and also for a few days during my chemical pregnancy. It's weird! Lots of peeing.

    I'm glad this pregnancy seems to be a sticky one for you. You are almost there...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're feeling nausea, but glad, too! It definitely sounds different than last time.

    I think your milk is probably fresh. What's the Best By date on your boob? ;)

    ReplyDelete