Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

21 July 2009

Babysteps

I love my GP because she is a hypochondriac. I had merely to suggest that I am nervous about this pregnancy because of last time and she didn't hesitate to write me a referral for an early ultrasound.

Normally in Australia we are only able to get one ultrasound through the entire pregnancy (and you have to wait until 20 weeks to get that!). If you choose to do the down syndrome testing (which we didn't choose with Champ) you also get one at 12 weeks. I did actually manage to squeeze two more ultrasounds in when I was pregnant with Champ though due to spotting at 4 and 8 weeks, so I do have 3 sets of pictures of him before he was born.

But now, due to the kindness of my doctor, I am booked for an early ultrasound at 6.5 weeks! I can not wait. I just hope that this pregnancy sticks around that long.

So the plan is to take this pregnancy in the following baby steps:
  • Hold my breath until I pass the marker of my last miscarriage. Then breath.
  • Then hold again until the early ultrasound. Then breath.
  • Hold once more until the 12 weeks screening test (I want it this time only because I feel like I need the reassurance, not for the actual screening reason). Then breath.
Hopefully I will pass all these points without passing out and I hope that I can breathe normally after this point.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it'll be a very nerve-wracking first trimester for you. I hope it passes quickly, sending prayers for your sticky bean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am hoping that this bean sticks!! I can understand how frightening this first trimester is going to be for you. I know that when I eventually get pregnant again (why does the 2ww always have to drag out and out and outs...) I will have the same fears as you.

    The good thing about Japanese clinics though is you get a scan nearly EVERY time you go!! Knowing that will surely reassure me a bit.

    It sounds like you have a really great doctor though :) It's nice knowing that she understands your fears and is helping to reassure you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending good thoughts your way! I know how it feels to be faced with such milestones. Baby steps and breathing are good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I can say I know EXACTLY how you are feeling... I took 2 pregnancy tests today at 9DPO and got really faint lines on both. I haven't announced it on my blog though and probably won't until I am 13 weeks.

    We can be pregnancy buddies together :)

    ReplyDelete