Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

28 July 2009

Mummy's boy

I sort of had a hunch that I was pregnant before I did the test. This hunch actually had nothing to do with my body or how I felt physically. This hunch was courtesy of Champ.

They say that kids can sense things and I definitely believe that. Both when I was pregnant with Turtledove and again for the past 3 weeks, Champ has been exceedingly clingy. He has always been a total Mummy's boy, but this is to the point that he cries if I leave the bathroom when his Dad is bathing him.

Through both pregnancies it has also spilled over into nighttime wakefulness. Last night was the worst so far, he was up every 20 minutes for 2 hours and would only settle if I went in to tuck him back into his blankets and give him a kiss - personally. No amount of tucking and kissing from Cowboy would do. I felt pretty sorry for Cowboy actually, but I felt even more sorry for me as I got up out of bed for the 10th time! Luckily he settled from about midnight until 6 a.m. so I did get some sleep (but not enough, never enough!).

Another fascination he has developed is my boobs. This would make perfect sense to me if he was still breastfeeding, but it has been 5 months since he had a feed from me. Over the last week Champ randomly stuffs his hand down my top and announces 'boobies'. He didn't really even do that when he was breastfeeding (except when he was a little baby and would root for it). I have tried really hard not to react in the hope that it will just go away, but it is a bit of a shock for me. My boy, there is plenty of time for boob fascination when you are older, but for now your time alone with mine has ended.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I have heard that kids can sometimes sense a pregnancy. And now I have another symptom to look for. Watch me in my 2ww, following Zo around trying to get her to cling to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I'd notice that... Bean clings to me CONSTANTLY anyway! Good lawd. This morning I took him to a little water park thingie... it was super hot, but he wanted nothing more than to be in mommy's arms. THE ENTIRE FREAKING TIME. Even when we were on the blanket eating snacks. Please remind me of this when he's 5 and won't even give me a hug because it's "uncool."

    ReplyDelete