Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

27 April 2009

5 weeks down

Ok, so I know I am really early along in the pregnancy, but I thought I'd try to track my symptoms along the way, mostly because I wish I'd done so with Champ so that now I could compare how I feel this time round. My memory isn't serving me so well in relation to last pregnancy, but maybe that is how it is supposed to be so that you go back again.

I didn't make a great pregnant person last pregnancy. As soon as I found out out I was pregnant, I started eating whatever I wanted (excluding the obvious medical no-nos) and was so worried about my unborn baby that I didn't want to do any form of exercise (including walking, lol!).

In fact worry was a big part of my last pregnancy. I worried a lot and just couldn't wait for Champ to be born so that I knew he'd be safe. Now, being a Mum, I realise that you can never guarantee their safety even when you can see/feel/prod them. Worry, to a certain extent is just part of the job description of being a Mum, so there is no need to overdo it.

Now with an energetic 11 kg toddler who loves Mummy's arms best of all and lots of outdoor play, I will have to be safe, but active during this pregnancy.

So, I'll try to blog weekly on how I am feeling throughout this pregnancy (it may stop me going back so quickly for #3!).

Negatives:
  • So tired! I tend to go to sleep not long after Champ (8.00).
  • My hip pain has started so early this time, I just can not lay for long periods of time on my sides and even sitting is a bit painful. If I remember correctly, it will only get worse though!
Positives:
  • I am really enjoying knowing that I'm having a baby. Last time I kept on thinking I'm pregnant. Now with the fruits of my pregnancy right before my eyes, I am constantly reminded what this whole shebang is all about.
  • I am making the most of not having morning sickness yet. From memory, last time I got sick at around week 6 and it built up over a couple of weeks and then stopped at week 12 (text book, I know).
  • I have found myself thinking of the baby developing inside me and then marvelling at Champ. I made him!
By the way, my due date: 28 December. Could have planned it a bit better, eh?

2 comments:

  1. I wonder about that... my son loves to be held/worn ALL THE TIME, and I remember not lifting anything heavy the first time around. You'll have to share what your doc says about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the tiredness. I just don't know how that will work out with a toddler. Especially mine, who won't go to bed before 9. I guess I'm lucky I work outside of the home. I can nap at work.

    But fwiw, most people find the second prgnancy to be easier. Maybe it's because you just don't have time to think about it.

    ReplyDelete