Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

02 July 2009

SAHM - coffee anyone?

I only have two more days in the office before I swap my computer for crayons, my desk for my lounge room and my boss for one infinitely cuter (and probably more demanding).

I can't wait!

One hiccup in my plan is that I didn't realise I have to give Champ's daycare 4 weeks notice before withdrawing him. The outcome is that I will have 2 weeks of daycare for him after I have left work.

Because the Australian government want to encourage mothers to work away from the home and are willing to pay for it to happen, they subsidise about 80% of childcare costs. I literally have to take Champ to daycare for those two weeks or else pay the full $80 per day with no assistance from the government.

So in my first two weeks as a SAHM I will have 6 days of free time. How I am going to fill in those days is beyond me. I haven't had free time like this since Champ was born! However, I will persist though and struggle through those long, long days (that will be over too soon). Latte anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is amazing that the gov't pay for so much of the daycare! Although if they did, I might not have been able to convince DH to let me quit my job... :)

    You know what I would do with all that time? Make plans to finish tons of projects around the house, then in reality spend the entire day reading blogs and watching decorating shows about OTHER people doing projects around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor, poor dear! I hope you find something to keep your mind off your troubles. (is the sarcasm making it all the around the world? ;)

    ReplyDelete