Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

07 July 2009

Sqeezing the juice (or: how not to seduce your husband)

Cowboy and I have been having some trouble creating a sibling for Champ. It is the old fashioned kind of trouble. No need for needles, meds or doctors visits. Our problem lies more in our heads.

Five days before I expected to ovulate I was able to seduce Cowboy quite easily. I told him O-day was ages away, that this was purely for fun. Four days prior to O-day again I was able to pull the 'I just want you for you' story. Shoot and score both nights!

The next night I tried again. It must be O-day soon, right? Yes, Cowboy, so let's go, go, go!

We kissed, we cuddled, we giggled, we changed positions, we both really wanted to want to be doing this, we tried to try (we tried to try for over an hour!). We failed.

The next day, we tried again. Once again, more giggling, some cramping (Cowboy!), shuffling, trying to convince ourselves that this was where we wanted to be. Heck, we even tried an adult movie. Many more giggles ensued. We gave up after a good hour.

Finally, this morning before work Cowboy decided that as today is 'the day' we would ignore previous experience and try to actually do it this morning. So, with Champ safely glued to the Wiggles DVD and our door firmly closed, we valiantly tried again. This time, we gave up after two minutes.

I am not holding out much hope that our attempts five days ago will still be swimming. This month may not be our month, but I am now armed with more information for next month. Next month I will be shooting for 2 days prior to O-day as my first attempt. We are obviously getting too old (and unfit!) for so many tries at baby making the old fashioned way.

3 comments:

  1. LOL - Don't even get me STARTED on the challenges of timed sex. Been there, done that. Sorry you guys had trouble pulling the trigger (heh) but it sounds like some fun adult movie viewing anyway. ;)

    That being said, there are very few people in the world who can match your success rate in acheiving a BFP. Four day old swimmers may do the trick! I've actually heard that you are more likely to get a girl with "older" spermies, as a women's body goes after the "Y" carrying spermies first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written the same post!! Timed sex is not fun... Even for us, young and fit ones, it gets old really quickly...

    But that being said, you still have hope for this month. I too have read that you are more likely to conceive a girl when the seed was plant at least 3 or 4 days before ovulation. So, you might very well have produced a baby sister for champ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned long ago to try and keep B oblivious of my cycle (it's not hard), that way, timed sex always feels spontaneous to him. Having appointments for follie checks and IUIs does clue him in a bit, but not much.

    And my super fertile girlfriend got pregnant with four or five day old sperm. They were trying for a boy, but she miscalculated her cycle days and they got their third girl, instead. She also got pregnant twice while on birth control, so she's a freak of nature.

    ReplyDelete