Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

28 January 2010

Spotting with Symptoms

Yesterday a familiar tragic meltdown occurred when I wiped and found blood. Minuscule amount though it may be, it is also too much like the familiar nightmare of my other misscarriages for me to take any comfort from the terrible nausea and other pregnancy symptoms I am still experiencing.

Because I am a sucker for punishment I have not booked my ultrasound for another week and a half (8w1d) even though I had the option of making it earlier (call me a pessimist, but I was not even sure I'd make it this far, let alone to 8 weeks, when I made the appointment).

So, looks like I just have to wait. I hate this bit.

8 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how difficult this wait is.

    I'll spare you all of the reassurances that spotting can happen in perfectly healthy pregnancies-- I know that you already know.

    Thinking about you and sending positive and calm thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no. I was hoping you'd have a totally reassuring 1st trimester. Waiting and hoping with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid spotting, I'm so sorry. I am taking comfort in your other symptoms, although I'm sure you are holding your breath. I will be saying extra prayers for your Bean and your sanity during this wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god, how stressful. I hope this is just a little speed-bump in an otherwise uneventful pregnancy.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no- stay positive. You know I'm sure of how common spotting is during pregnancy. Hope it is just the cervix closing. Will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon, I'm here whatever happens. I pray you don't need me. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm praying that everything is okay! Hoping you can make it through the next week and a half until your u/s too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How unsettling. I'm sure this must be a terrible return to the past no matter how you try to ignore it all. I'm so sorry. Hoping for the absolute best for you!

    ReplyDelete