Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

23 January 2010

Score (Beta HCG)

I finally went back in to the doctors to pick up the results of my blood test from over a week ago. It is not that I am not thinking about this pregnancy every waking minute, just that I am still very hesitant to let any excitement take over my life.

So I got my Beta HCG score. At 4 weeks 5 days it was 2764, which I have compared a bit online and believe it it a very reasonable number. But as I found out this morning, I would need two blood tests to check the actual progress, which I don't have because I didn't know you would need two to check on the health of the pregnancy. In fact I didn't know that the blood tests I had last week even gave me a quantitative hormone test. I don't know much about this baby baking do I?

Meanwhile I am taking slight comfort from the very real and present nausea which is my constant friends these days. I have devised many wonderful games to play with Champ which can all be carried out with Mummy laying on the couch (special thanks to my sister who gave him his 'doctors bag' for his birthday; Mummy has had many blood pressure tests, stethoscopes, temp checks, needles and band aids applied lately).

My personal favorite is a game called 'pillows' where Champ takes every pillow off all the couches in the loungeroom, then proceeds to cover Mummy in them and runs around calling 'Mummy, where are you?' before uncovering me and starting again. I can almost nap during that one.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a brilliant game that you and he have devised! I couldn't really convince Peanut to play games as such, I felt like I mostly laid on the floor or sofa trying to choke down the nausea and nearly ignoring her - poor thing. But we survived it! Glad to hear that you two are finding your own way through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video -- Champ's quite the dancer! Where do toddlers get their energy???

    Glad things are looking good on the pregnancy front. I keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant games you are playing with Champ! Now, if only I could convince my boss to play the same games... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, It's 4am here and I can't sleep-- anxious about the ultrasound this morning. Anyway, I just watched Champ's B-52's video... OMG, the cuteness... I just about died!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent HCG! Now you'll understand a lot more of the craziness you see on infertility blogs. I wish you could have stayed blissfully ignorant, though.

    Nice games with Champ. When I was in the first few exhausting and nauseating weeks, I would navigate an educational website that Zo loves on our laptop on the floor while laying on my side, head on a pillow. It was the most interaction I could muster.

    ReplyDelete