Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

02 January 2010

Sleep overs

Champ had a sleep over at Cowboy's parent's house last night. He tends to sleep over at their house once a month or so, so everyone is pretty comfortable with the set up and everyone (especially Champ) looks forward to it.

Last night was different though. He usually sleeps over there when we have something to do: a wedding, 21st party, a musical, etc. Last night was a 'just because it is holidays' sleep over. Cowboy and I decided we had better go to dinner and a movie because otherwise we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves!

We enjoyed the dinner and a movie part, then when we were in the cinema parking lot, Cowboy said 'We aren't too far from my parents, want to call in and kiss Champ goodnight?'. I was strong and said that I'm sure everyone would be asleep so we should leave them.

So we got home and started creeping around the house like we normally would at 10 p.m., before we realised that there was no sleeping child to wake so we could talk in our normal voices! What adults we are!

Then we spoiled it by running around doing impersonations of our little man. As we got into pajamas, Cowboy lent on the bed posts kicking his legs behind himself saying 'shoota!' like Champ's soccer impersonation. Cowboy sneezed and I said 'Bess ooo, Daddy'. After a few more impersonations, we realised that Champ would have been asleep for hours by now so it was silly to miss him. But miss him we did.

Cowboy is enjoying the sleep in right now but my body clock woke me before even Champ normally does. Now I'm just waiting til his midday drop off time to see the little guy again.

Tomorrow night he is having a sleep over with my Mum. We were planning a quiet night in but I think we had better go out or we will be at our wits ends!

2 comments:

  1. Two little babies have FUN
    in the SUN
    playing
    and RUN!

    lovely family, unforgettable post.

    happy new year.

    http://www.jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com
    welcome,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how we look forward to quite times with the toddler, but then we miss him immediately! Even after he goes to bed, I wish I could lay on the couch and snuggle with him as DH and I watch TV. But how nice that Champ can enjoy sleepovers at his grandparents -- I always loved those as a kid!

    ReplyDelete