Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

04 January 2010

First time doubter

Yesterday I went to a baby store and bought a cot valance. No, this is not some round about way of telling you I got a BFP, just that I bought a safari themed piece of material to skirt the bottom of Champ's cot.

Yes, Champ is still in a cot. I will be keeping him in a cot until he starts scaling the sides of it, Mission Impossible style. He sleeps well in his cot. I want to keep it that way. Of course he can not stay in a cot forever.

When I set it up on the cot, Cowboy commented (somewhat sarcastically) 'Wow that looks great, I don't know how that cot ever did without a valance.'. I know it was a strange purchase, but I have had my eye on it ever since before Champ was born and MIL bought me a safari nappy stacker. I have since framed photos of elephants (from the 'Tawny Scrawny Lion' Little Golden Book) and have received a safari themed wooden height chart as a gift for Champ. So you see, we have a green and brown, safari themed nursery. I just couldn't bring myself to pay $50 for a piece of material for the bottom of the cot. Cue 'The Sales'! So I bought it.

Then I had a moment.

Champ will not be in a cot forever. Maybe I'll only get to use it for a short time. Maybe I'll never have another baby to use it.

I am sure that these thoughts have gone around the heads of many of you at times. This was my first time. My first serious doubts.

A bit emotional this week. I want to get back to my 2010 positive spirits.

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed and counting down with you. I love Z's cot (or crib, as we call it). I'll keep her in there until she's 18 if she doesn't mind. Have fun blinging up the nursery. I'm sure you'll get plenty of use out of all your baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a good feeling that 2010 will be the year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doubt is such a painful feeling -- if we just could know that eventually everything would work out! I really do have faith that you'll have a sibling for Champ, but I know the journey is scary.

    Oh, and I answered your questions on my blog. I am 25 1/2 now and hope to get to 35. Looooong way.

    And oh yeah, just because I have all this drama going on doesn't mean I haven't noticed that you HAVE NOT POSTED A PREGNANCY-WATCH UPDATE IN A WHILE. *taps foot*

    ReplyDelete