Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

01 May 2009

Still bleeding, but hopeful

I have been bleeding for 24 hours now. That is a lot longer than I did with Champ. Over the 24 hours I have probably lost a bit over a tablespoon of blood. I only notice it when I wipe in the bathroom, it is not enough to actually hit the pad.

I called my family birthing centre where I am booked in, and they said to come in only if I have pad-fulls of blood, pain or cramping. As I have had none of these, I am still worried, but not in overdrive.

Also, I don't know if this is a cruel joke or a source of hope, but I have been feeling a bit of nausea. Not as much as I did at the morning sickness peak last time, but I do recall a slow build up to that level.

The midwife when I called said that the sickness is a very positive thing because it means my hormone levels are high. She offered that it could be implantation bleeding, but I didn't think that normally happened so late. I though it to be around the time of a missed period. But, even at 5.5 weeks, I am clinging to the hope that this one is just nestling in to Mummy's uterus now.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard that spotting alone is fine and cramping alone is fine. When it's both together, then see the doc.

    Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that the birthing center is not worried. They would know when to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you an award on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete