Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

27 May 2009

Legs eleven

Yesterday was a perfect Autumn day. Crisp, clean air with sunshine streaming every where, cool but not too cold for a play at the park.

So after a shopping trip for a beanie and bathers for Champ (impossible to find swimwear this time of year - does no one swim indoors in winter?!) as he had outgrown both recently without me noticing, we hotfooted it to a near by awesome park.

Unusually, for this awesome park, there were no other children around. Smart Mums, see?

The weather, as I said, was perfect park weather. Fresh, sunny, clean air. There were no other kids there because other Mums are smart enough not to bring their kids to the park when it has rained the night before. The place was wet!

The platform stairs contained little puddles in the centre of each one, the tunnel had gotten a good soaking overnight and the slide - saturated! Now, my little boy likes to climb the steps himself which requires his nose to nearly touch it as he hoists his little legs up on to it, he likes to crawl through the tunnel, and he likes, nay loves, to slide down the slide. So he did. Repeatedly.

These were his pants:

So, great Mother than I am, took them off as soon as he was done sliding and let him run back to the car in a parker, beanies and footy socks... and took out the camera as soon as we got back home:

2 comments:

  1. I'm always doing things like that. And thus, Zo is always wet or muddy. Champ is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I love the pictures! What an adorable little man. I always thought my son would have dark hair and eyes like I have... alas he has blue eyes and dark blond/light brown hair. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete