Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11 May 2009

Gulping moments

I am generally feeling less sad now. My sadness over the loss of my Turtle-dove is more confined to moments in time rather than an ever present thing. Moments in time when I am reduced to a big gulping mess like when:

My Mum bought me a plant to plant for Turtle-dove
I love the idea, and will plant the tree with love, but I when I got home and put it in the backyard, I couldn't help but think: I don't want a plant, I want my baby.

Cowboy and I had our first romantic 'encounter' since everything
Just thinking about how it was the first time we had done it since conception, drove home to me that we had conceived a life. I wasn't just pregnant for a little while, I had made the start of a baby.

Cowboy suggested we plant Mum's tree next to the cubby house he is building
My Turtle-dove will be close to her siblings when they play.

Cue the tissues.

2 comments:

  1. That is very sweet of your Mom to give you the plant, and Cowboy to suggest such a perfect place for it.

    I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very sweet. What a great tribute.

    ReplyDelete