Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

26 May 2009

Best part of my day

I already know that the best part if my day just happened - and it is only 1 p.m.!

While reading Champ his nap time story he lent in to give me a cuddle (which he has not been too fond of at bed time lately). I was warmed by his gesture and obviously he was warmed by my arms because after a couple of minutes of cuddling his blinking slowed, he visibly stilled and quietened. He fell asleep in my arms 'like a baby!

I couldn't help but sit for a while and watch him sleep. I have missed this. When he was breastfed this was a regular occurrence. I have really missed watching him fall asleep.

After a while of watching him, I made to stand up and put him in his cot and he clung closer to me. How lovely, he must have been in that half awake half asleep stage and still recognised that we were cuddling.

I put him into his cot and he sighed peacefully and rolled over to a go to sleep. Then I wanted him back in my arms. Maybe I should have just sat there for his whole two hour nap and cuddled him. What would have been the harm?!

2 comments:

  1. *sigh* Warm snuggly babies (okay toddlers!) = aren't they the sweetest????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww... super sweet!! I just love snuggles, I eat up every single one.

    ReplyDelete