Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

18 May 2009

It ain't always gonna be like this

I must keep reminding myself that life with Champ will not always be this frustrating, nor this wonderful.
  • Champ will not always throw food all over the floor and upend the bowl all over his head (the bowl with the suction that is supposed to stop him tipping spaghetti everywhere).
  • One day I will have to wake Champ up (repeatedly) in order to get him out of bed by midday rather than him waking me at the crack of dawn everyday.
  • I will one day be able to give Champ a glass of milk and not turn around to see him painting the carpet with the drops of milk that flow out.
  • Champ and I will one day sit and read a book without him pulling it out of my hands and turning the pages too fast for me to read a word.
  • I will not always have to tell Champ not to swipe my face or slap me when he is excited.
  • I will not always have a constant shadow who longs to be in his Mummy's arms.
  • One day I will look back at Champ's finger painting and marvel at how small his hands were and how I used to love those hands clinging to me as I went about my daily business.
  • I will one day remember Champ's smile as he played peek-a-boo from within the bathtub and miss moping up all his splashes.
  • Champ will not always find such pleasure in a walk in the park nor such concentration over a stray flower on the lawn.
  • I will not always be the only one that can soothe Champ when he is most upset.
  • Champ will not always nearly trip over his little feet as they run as fast as they can towards me, arms in the air and excitement written all over his face when I get home at the end of the day.
Everyday I need to remember how lucky I am to be Champ's Mummy.

2 comments:

  1. Awww... this totally tugged on my heartstrings. I am going to miss these days, too. He will never remember them, but I always will. I love having my little buddy in my life every day, who finds no greater comfort and happiness in the world than hanging on my hip and showing me where my eyes are (with a firm poke, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I keep trying to soak it all up. And then it's gone before I know it. As I lay in bed last night thinking I heard moaning or noises from Peanut's room, I realized it was just sirens from some distant car and that Peanut hasn't made anytime nighttime noises in several weeks. How does that change happen without me realizing it?

    ReplyDelete