Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

27 November 2009

Tink-oo

Whilst we do not celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, I have read a number of your posts regarding what you are grateful for and I have watched enough Hollywood movies to have a general idea of what Thanksgiving is all about (tell me, do all children really dress up on stage for a school pageant which provides the opportunity for their parents to have a major life realisation and save their marriage or advert some major catastrophe or is that just the movies?).

Anyway, I hope that what I am grateful for is obvious. I am grateful for my loving husband Cowboy, my adorable chubby cheeked son Champ and for all of my family and friends. Rather than just the obligatory thankfulness post I'll ask a question about offering thanks.

What I wondered is if a 'thank you' get diminished because the thanker repeats 'tink-oo, tink-oo, tink-ooooooo, Mummia!' until the thankee says 'you're welcome, what lovely manners, Champ.'?

I am grateful for Champs good manners, but must I tell him so everytime I pass him his water bottle and receive thanks in return?!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I wish I knew if the american hollywood image of all parents going to see their adorable kids play in a thanksgiving play was true. But since I have no children yet... I don't know...

    Tink-oo is so cute though :-)

    Happy turkey-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a polite little boy you have! :) At least you have found a way to turn off the "tink-oo"s... I haven't figured out how to get my son to stop saying "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom" while standing next to me and not responding to any of my questions (such as: Yes, darling?).

    Kiddos are so funny!

    ReplyDelete