Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

05 November 2009

Champagne and chilling

I have now had time to digest the news that there will be no baby Lemoncake making in 2009.

Cowboy thinks it is a good thing because 2009 has been so unlucky for us. He thinks we will start afresh in 2010.

My reasoning is different, but I have come to the same conclusion. For more than medical reasons, it is a good idea to wait until the new year to TTC again.

I have my sister's 21st, Champ's 2nd birthday and Christmas in the next couple of months. Not to be pregnant during those times means a) I can drink champagne at my sister's 21st; b) I won't be running to the bathroom constantly to check for spotting during my favourite time of the year; c) I can drink champagne over the silly season.

Overall, it will give me some time and space to relax, not worry about our future children and find a little peace with our 2009 trials.

3 comments:

  1. Waiting is so hard, I know. But it will be nice for you to enjoy your family and enjoy the holidays without extra worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have some fun things to look forward to in the next couple of months. 2010 will be hear before you know it! And...I love champagne too, and am always looking for an excuse to have some :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are SO many good things about not trying to get pregnant and not being pregnant during the holiday season. I'm glad you're feeling them.

    ReplyDelete