Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

13 November 2009

Part of the family

Every day, more and more Champ is becoming part of the family. I know he has been around for nearly two years (oh my, nearly his birthday, must look in to getting invitations out soon) but for a while it has seemed more like Cowboy and I with a baby, rather than a family of three. Lately a few things have changed.

Champ is getting more and more verbal every day. It is insane how fast kids learn. Now when Cowboy and I have conversations in the car, Champ actually listens and pipes up with his own comments, sometimes relevant sometimes not so much (using the word 'learns' can have him babbling on for minutes about visiting the 'worms' in our compost bin).

We have also packed away Champ's highchair (cleaning it up was quite a chore!) and he now sits proudly at the table in his booster chair with Mummy and Daddy. Just as much food gets thrown to the floor but we generally have less of a battle keeping him seated while he eats (and throws) his food. And it's nice. It feels more like a family of three sitting down eating (and throwing) dinner merrily.

It is nice.

3 comments:

  1. I am constantly amazed at the conversations I can have with my daughter. Out of nowhere she'll start telling me about "Maya's doll" (her friend Maya) and how it opens and closes its eyes, has a pacifier in its mouth etc. Later when I ask my husband for confirmation that there is such a doll (I wasn't there to witness it), he'll tell me, "Oh yes." I am stunned. It's just the coolest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a strange thing (but also fun) having to suddenly take another person's preferences into account, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* Parenthood is amazing.

    I <3 it!!

    ReplyDelete