Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

22 November 2009

Not all doom and gloom

Just to prove I am not all doom and gloom while waiting to be (hopefully) given the all clear to TTC: Merry Christmas to all from Champ!

(I tried to upload a video of Champ playing his little guitar and singing 'Christmas song' and 'Jingle Bells' but it took hours and still failed. I figured my computer skills were more equipped for photo uploads.)


I managed to score a smiling toddler Santa photo through hard work and perseverance. I know that the screaming toddler Santa photos are very cute, but I was after the elusive happy face.

We visited Santa from the moment he set up shop and the first visit I didn't even ask Champ if he wanted to cuddle Santa. I just showed him Santa, we both waved to him; all the while Champ was saying 'No, bye-bye Santa. Bye bye.' Then after a while of waving we both went up to say hello. Mummy shook Santa's hand to show Champ that he was an all round nice guy that Mummy trusts.

Santa gave Champ a little gift and I asked Champ to shake Santa's hand. That he figured he could manage. For the rest of the week all I heard were little stories about 'Shake Santa hand'.

Once I figure he had Santa sorted as a nice guy I asked if he wanted to go back to the shops and give Santa a cuddle. 'Oh yeah, Santa cuddle, shake Santa hand'. So we did. And he did. Getting to ring Santa's bell was the cherry on the cake that scored the smile. Now I keep hearing stories about 'Santa, ring bell.'

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice method. I might try it. We didn't even try last year, but now I'm thinking it might have been easier then. Z has developed all sorts of fears, large bearded men being one of the biggest.

    That is a perfect picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SUPER cute!! He is so adorable, smiling and ringing that bell. A happy moment captured in a toddler's life. I just know I'm going to have another picture of Bean screaming his head off on Santa's lap. Last year it was funny, but now he can do more damage to Santa if he gets scared. Well, yeah, that could actually turn out to be funny too. Except for poor Santa.

    I'm surprised to see "Westfield" at the bottom of your picture, that's what our mall is as well. Small world, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete