Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

17 November 2009

Everyone but me

Everyone in the fecking world is pregnant except me. Even a character in the book I am currently reading (and was enjoying until today) just found out she was expecting.

I am having such strange jealousy though.

I met a girlfriend today who gave birth to her second child 5 weeks ago and I was introduced to her daughter for the first time. She was adorable and my friend was glowing. But I was not jealous.

I met a woman at a party over the weekend who is due on Christmas Eve (2 days before Turtledove's due date). She was big, hot and uncomfortable. And I could not stop staring at her belly with jealousy.

Silly thing to be jealous over really.

3 comments:

  1. It's easier to hate people we don't know, I suppose. We can imagine that their road to baby was effortless and undeserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid fictional characters getting pregnant. I'm still annoyed at Pam from "The Office." Accidental pregnancy, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

    Have you been to www.stirrup-queens.com? You are not alone, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's a stupid thing at all. I think at times that it's a conspiracy of everyone else in the world and I'm so sorry that we can't all have the happy endings we want when we want them. It's truly unfair.

    ReplyDelete