Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

23 November 2009

One year

Yesterday was the first anniversary of my Nan's passing. I remembered it as I was taking my pre-natal vitamin. It was the day of her funeral that I received the delivery of my first box of pre-natal vitamins since I had had Champ. That means it has almost been a year since I decided that I would soon like to expand our family.

A year is a long time and yet not. It has passed without me realising it and yet has been a heartbreakingly long year at times.

When I made the decision to hold off from TTC until our issues are fully investigated I thought that knowing that it would be at least until the new year would make it easier as I wouldn't think about it as much. I was wrong.

These last few weeks I have been plagued with longing to be pregnant again. Longing for a baby. Far from giving me a TTC break, this waiting has brought the issue into the forefront of my every waking moment.

I am almost in my next fertile window. It is almost 2 weeks until our next appointment and that seems an eternity.

I am almost in my next fertile window. And yet I wait.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it was a year ago. I think I found your blog around the time you were trying for the first time.

    BTW, I thought of you as I posted my news on Friday. I hope we are soon in this together, for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is the hardest part, I think. Well, losing babies is the hardest part, but waiting is second.

    Thinking of you as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there lady - it's a long tough wait, but you're doing it with grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The waiting is so, so hard... I'm sorry. I hope it's not much longer.

    ReplyDelete