Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

20 August 2009

Superstitious

So I forgot to post an update yesterday when I was actually 8 weeks. Well, I didn't forget but I was busy during the day and then too tired at night. But I was thinking of blogging, does that count? I was thinking of you Muscles. Oh boy, was I thinking of you as I struggled to force down my food through the all day nausea.

So I have much the same symptoms as last week, only more exaggerated. I am super sensitive, sick and exhausted. Fun! But I am happy. Generally, until something makes me cry. Like an advert, or a nice passage in a book. You know, something important.

One new symptom has emerged though and I am sure it is related to the pregnancy. Superstitiousness.
  • Every morning I ask Champ to say hello to the baby, to cuddle the baby, to kiss the baby and to say 'I love you, baby.'
  • Every night Cowboy has a little 'chat' with our baby, encouraging it to stick around. If he forgets, I remind him.
  • Each night after I turn off the lights I continue that chat with Muscles. Telling the baby how much we love it and how much Daddy, Champ and I are looking forward to it joining the family.
  • Every night I ask God to take care of Champ and Muscles. I tell Him that I want them to be happy and healthy and grow old together as best friends.
I don't know what will happen if I don't do these things each day. Because I do them each day, so why would I need to know otherwise?

3 comments:

  1. In counseling, we call that "obsessive-compulsive disorder." :) Just kidding, I'm pretty sure it's categorized under normal first-trimester paranoia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew! And what if champ refuses to do one of those things? If I develop any superstitions, I think I'll leave Zo out of them. She is simply not reliable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I am SO superstitious!!! I see nothing unnatural about any of that!! :)

    ReplyDelete