Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

12 August 2009

7 weeks

I am happy to say that Muscles and I have made it to the 7 week mark!

Still experiencing morning sickness at times (usually when I am hungry, full, thirsty, need the bathroom, or have been standing too long) and am completely exhausted. I could seriously sleep 16 hours of the day. I have even once succumbed to having a nap while Champ did (and I am only 7 weeks - imagine by 37 weeks!). I also have been bleeding and gagging while brushing my teeth, have had pins and needles more often and feel light headed when I stand up quickly. All my good old pregnancy symptoms. Yay!

I decided to be brave and weight myself yesterday. I actually haven't put on any weight yet. I realise that at 7 weeks I shouldn't yet have put on any weight, but the way my jeans are fitting me I thought I must have. Looks like it is just a redistribution of body mass, although I can't figure where I have gotten smaller to account for my larger waist and hips.

I am absolutely not making weight gain an issue during this pregnancy. However, I ask you to view these two photos below. Let's just agree that I'll try to be more careful this time. Breastfeeding two hourly around the clock and a child that didn't sleep unless being rocked in my arms or pushed in a pram got me back into relative shape quite quickly, but I have got my fingers crossed for a better sleeper this time so I am hoping not to have quite so much weight to shift post birth.

The first photo was taken a week or so prior to conceiving Champ, the next one was me at 34 weeks. Yep, I had another 7 weeks of growing ahead of that photo! I ceased to take photos after I saw this one!

3 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for an award on my blog!

    P.S. You're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look like a perfectly lovely and healthy mama to be in the 2nd photo. Gorgeous bikini bod in the 1st. I regret that I never worked up the nerve to wear a bikini before I got pregnant. I'm sure it will never happen now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with the belly pic?! Looks lovely to me. I gained 40+ lbs with Bean, and it was ALL right on my belly. This time I have a higher starting weight, so I'm probably going to look like a house. But there will be plenty of time to get in shape later. (Right! LOL)

    ReplyDelete