Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

24 August 2009

Springing into action

Yesterday I simultaneously blunted my razor in one use and lost about 100 grams. Yes, spring is springing a little early down under and it was time for the annual de-fuzzing of my legs. Of course today the weather has decided to remind us of the winter which is almost over and now my legs are cold beneath my tracksuit pants, but they'll be ready come next week - Spring!

Cowboy, Champ and I have used the early nice weather to get into some gardening. A typical afternoon involves Cowboy dead wooding, pruning and raking. Me trying to get some weeding or veggie planting done while supervising Champ. And said cheeky toddler doing all manner of non-productive garden play.

This week alone I have caught him pulling up some newly sprouted tiny sweet pea sprouts and proclaiming he was 'weeding' like his Mummy. I turned my back for an instant (yeah, I know I should have learnt not to do that) and turned back to find him at my height, having scaled Cowboy's ladder until he was 6 feet up it. And then once, quietly playing by the porch saying 'push, push, push' at regular intervals.

Curious, I crept quietly over to him to check over his shoulder what he was doing. After a little chuckle to myself, I left him be and got back to the weeding. He was squashing ants, one by one with his little fingers. Push, push, push. Boys will be boys, and I got a few minutes peace out of it.

3 comments:

  1. I never get used to hearing about how it's the wrong season on the other side of the world. :) We are anticipating the fall, arrival of sweaters, changing of the leaves, the start of the school year. So wait, does that mean the school year is going to end soon over there? Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny to think that you guys are back to front with seasons! ;)

    Our school year is the same as the calendar year. So our main school break is 6-7 weeks over summer in December/January so that incorporates Christmas too. Then they start back at school at the start of the year. It must sound strange to you, but is perfectly logical to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring! I'm looking forward to autumn here, but I'll hate it when the days start getting really short. In the dead of winter, the sun goes down at 4:30 in the afternoon.

    Squashing ants, huh? Zo is quite a tomboy, but this is where her girliness shows itself. She would be hugging the ants. Still squashing them, but not meaning to :)

    ReplyDelete