Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

03 April 2009

Scene from yesterday evening

Red: So, Cowboy. (Swings her glass of red wine around with casual abandonment) I am not really 'in the mood' and it's not quite my fertile time yet, but if we went to bed right now, there would be a little, tiny risk (read :chance) of hearing another pitter, patter in 9 months. Wouldn't it be fun and exciting to just see what happens?

Cowboy raises eyes from TV for a brief moment.

Cowboy: When would it be due?

Red: About New Years Eve. (Hopeful.)

Cowboy: Too close to Christmas. (Clearly a man of many words.)

Red: Next month?

Cowboy: (Suddenly interested now that his wife seems so keen.) Hhmmm. January, still a bit close to Champ's birthday.

Red: (Pours another glass of wine) The next month would mean February. You love February.

Cowboy: But that's my birthday month.

Thinking music.

Cowboy: March is your sister... April is my Dad... maybe May? Do we have anyone's birthday in May, or June? July is your Mum. So, May, June or even August, I rekon.

End of scene.

______________________________________________

So, folks. Looks like we are collecting family birthday months like baseball cards, so the next few months appear to be out of the question. In order to 'collect' a May birthday we would need to hold off for this cycle plus 4 more. How can I get my mind off babies until August?

Can someone pour me a glass of wine? Stat.



Update: Then today, I get this email from him:

Red,

The name Violet is kind of growing on me if we have a girl next.

Cowboy

Maybe he could be convinced to try for a January after all...

2 comments:

  1. We're holding off for a March baby, at the earliest. Of course, we'll in all likelihood need clinical assistance, but there's the teeny tiny flicker of a possibility that it could happen all on its own.

    Glad you're making some progress with the man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog! :)

    I wish we could choose a month like that, but with our track record, I don't care if the kid is born ON Christmas or New Years. Beggars can't be choosers, and all that.

    Maybe you'll have to keep that wine flowing and you'll find yourself "trying" for a January baby before you know it. All's fair in love and seduction!

    ReplyDelete