Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

20 April 2009

Surprise!

So I did a pregnancy test yesterday morning when my period still hadn't shown up (I was due that day, but I was a bit keen to know!).

I spent the 3 minutes for it to develop trying to stop Champ from touching the toilet bowl, then washing both our hands and getting his breakfast ready. I went back to look after 3 minutes, and could tell at a glance that it was negative. I scooped Champ up from tugging at my leg and sat him in the high chair. As he was eating, I went back to the test.

Hang on. Is that a second line? Am I seeing things?

I could make out a very faint second line. I ran to the window, holding the test at many different angles trying to verify the second line. It was there. I was pregnant.

'He was supposed to pull out!!!!!!!' My mind was screaming.

Champ had finished breakfast and I cleaned him up and got him out of the chair. He sat in our backroom playing hide and seek in the curtains.

My mind was racing. 'This is not happening. This doesn't happen after one encounter!'

Champ was sitting in the morning sunlight which streamed in through the sheer curtains on the windows. Peek-a-boo. He ran through the curtain towards me. So happy, so content.

Ok, maybe another one of you will be just perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations! First try AGAIN! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. You need to send some of that fertility over here, girl. I can give you my address if you need it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. That was fast. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete