Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

06 April 2009

Wow!

Well, Cowboy just made the next fortnight a little more exciting for me.

After spending Saturday at a children's party (with lots of little girls in pretty dresses), and many comments from me about how adorable the children were and heavy emphasis on Cowboy's name when I made these comments (as in 'Look at that little darling in the pink dress, isn't she adorable, Cowboy?!'). Cowboy somehow got the idea that I'd like to give Champ a sibling.

Cue Saturday night. Scene: Red & Cowboy's bedroom; lights dimmed; ruffling and murmuring can be overheard.

Red: What was that?

Cowboy: Ummm, that was it.

Red: You are joking right? You didn't pull out.

Cowboy: I thought that was what you wanted.

Red: (Shock) Did I?

Cowboy: You'd been talking about it for the last few days, so I thought that was what you wanted... Red? ... Red? Are you ok? I thought you'd be happy.

Red: (Quietly) Ummm, yeah. Just shocked.

Cowboy: I mean, I'm sure it won't happen after just one time.

Red: (Very quietly) Yeah, I'm sure... Although Champ did...

Cowboy: Well, he was just meant to be. (Rolls over) 'Night, Red.

Red: (Whispers) 'Night.

3 comments:

  1. We were TOTALLY trying for number 2, and I was STILL shocked and feeling a bit 'am I REALLY ready for this???' when it happened so quickly (which for us was only 3 months...it took us a year for #1, with a few losses along the way, so 3 months was quick for us!)

    I think no matter what, you question if you are really ready, if the timing is right, etc etc.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear! Good luck(?). How exciting!

    ReplyDelete