Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

05 March 2010

"It's a..." and other ultrasound facts

Best, best, best ultrasound I could have asked for!!

Lucky is still measuring ahead (12w4d) and heartbeat was 168 bpm, so still really fast. Lucky was a bit active this morning, but we still managed to see all five fingers on each hand, took photos of the bladder, both legs and could clearly make out the spine.

I casually asked the technician if it is too early to tell the gender. I should have known not to ask if I didn't want to know. He blurted out that if he was asked, he would say 'girl' as there is no pen*is.

Of course I know it might not have 'come out' yet as it is still early, but I have been getting girl vibes anyway. I think I'll have to ask at the next ultrasound (even though I hadn't decided if I wanted to know yet - we didn't with Champ) because I don't want to go through the whole pregnancy thinking of Lucky as a girl and then get a shock to find out it is a boy (even though I would be delighted either way)!

5 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! Congratulations on the awesome ultrasound. A healthy baby... big sigh of relief.

    I have a lot of faith in early ultrasounds when the legs aren't crossed. With my three boys, all peenee's were highly visible at 12 weeks. It's sounding like a girl for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have faith in early ultrasounds when the tech says girl-- all genitals look male in the beginning, so if the tech guessed girl, I would think that they saw something that suggested otherwise. How great would it be to have a little boy and a little girl??!!

    Congrats on a healthy ultrasound! I can't wait for ours on Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful ultrasound! My sister-in-law was told at maybe 8 or 9 weeks (which seems really, really early!) that the baby was a boy. Turned out at a much later ultrasound that they were wrong. "Oops - it's a girl!" Guess modern science still doesn't get it right *every* time! congratulations either way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a healthy baby, whatever flavor it turns out to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a great u/s! I've heard the same as Stefanie - that earlier it's more likely to be called boy accidentally than a girl, but either way, congrats!

    ReplyDelete