Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

25 February 2010

The wind has changed

I am finally starting to feel human again - one week before I hit the second trimester! This is almost the exact same timing as with Champ and I am so relieved it doesn't look like I'll be one of those women who are sick until 18 weeks or something else equally as daunting.

Also with the lift in nausea comes a change in my mood. I am a very bad first trimester pregnant lady. So much so that it has caused Cowboy to ask 'is there such thing as pre-natal depression?'.

I reminded him that while I was pregnant with Champ he (sensibly) waited until I hit the 12 week mark to remark that he was glad my mood improved because he 'was beginning to wonder if I really wanted this baby' as I was so depressed.

For now, the hormone craziness seems to have eased and I am now just anxiously awaiting my 12 week scan next Friday.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you're feeling better. I remember when the oppression lifted for me. The fatigue lasted a bit longer than I expected, but it was so wonderful to be rid of the nausea. Let the good times roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for a easier second tri- can't wait to hear abt your NT scan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's excellent! It sound like this baby is rocking along well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear that things are on the upswing! I don't much care for the whole 1st trimester part of the experience myself, so I sympathize!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you're feeling better!!! I've felt much better the past two weeks, but unfortunately, feel like I've been hit by a truck the past two days. Yuck. It's been a tough week at work-- Hopefully some rest this weekend will help.

    SO excited for your 12 week scan. Hope you get a pic of Lucky!! I have my 12 week appointment on Monday-- probably won't have an ultrasound done, but hopeful I can hear the heartbeat with the doppler.

    We're doing an NT scan at 13 weeks-- can't wait to see the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better, on multiple levels! Looking forward to your scan on Friday.

    It's funny, my pregnancy has been dragging for me since going on bedrest, but yours is flying by. I'm sure it feels the opposite for you. If only we could trade for a week. :)

    ReplyDelete