Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

07 February 2010

Tomorrow; Eight Weeks; Ultrasound

Tomorrow is my first scan for this pregnancy. I chose to wait until 8 weeks because I got the scan earlier at 6 weeks with Muscles and still went on to miscarry 3 weeks later. I know 8 weeks doesn't guarantee the scan to be more accurate, but I just felt better waiting as bit longer. I think the 8 week scan will mean more to me than a 6 week scan.

I don't really know what to expect. I have had 6 week scans twice now and always needed the 'wand' and had a 10 week scan with Champ and didn't need it. I don't know what I prefer actually, I hate the full bladder feeling needed for an external ultrasound, but wands aren't as feel good as they sound either. I'll be sure to fill you in on all that detail tomorrow!

I have spent this weekend at my Mum's house with Champ and I being totally spoiled while Cowboy has been away at a weekend long seminar. I really needed it though, I just don't feel capable of much at the moment and feel like I am letting down Champ ('Mummy play? Oh, Mummy too sick.') and Cowboy ('Take away for dinner again darling?'). But now I am back to reality and had better try to find some energy to clean up before Cowboy gets home tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, honey. Prayers for a good 8 week scan.

    And I remember 8 weeks. It was rough, because the second trimester seemed so. far. away. I made it, though, and I know you will, too! Why? Because we have no choice! :)

    And a little messy house and takeaway (which sounds much more posh than takeout, for some reason) never killed anyone! At least, I hope not, since that's how we survived the first trimester (and actually still now, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your 8 week scan. Hoping the little one is growing strong!
    Still haven't had the choice between the wand and the regular u/s... oh, the joys of going through IVF and not making it past week 6... but this time it will be different for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great scan! I suspect that the oldest child learns early on to survive a lot of disruption. My mother swears that she practically ignored me for the 1st trimester because she felt so terrible. There I was, a 13 or 14 month old child left to fend for myself...And I survived! Thankfully. Because when I myself was in the 1st trimester of this pregnancy I truly thought my 20 month old daughter might wither from lack of attention. Not so! And knowing that I did it gave me the strength to believe that she could do it to. Doesn't necessarily eradicate the Mama guilt, but it did help to mitigate it. Hang in there!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete