Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

29 October 2009

Blessings

This evening I was busily getting everything ready for our 'early start' to the pregnancy management clinic tomorrow morning (it's at 9 a.m. in the city - leaving home with enough time to make it through peak hour traffic will mean waking before our precious little miraculously-sleeping-in-regularly-since-daylight-savings-change-over lovely boy).

I was searching our office for all of my relevant medical history: ultrasounds, blood tests, referral letter, etc. but the letter was no where to be found. A more organised woman may have filed all of her miscarriage documents in one place, but not this one. I finally found it between some of Champ's finger paintings and his 2011 pre-school information letter.

It struck right then me how lucky I am to have him. Some women are surviving this battle and worse ones without the help of finger paintings to cheer and distract them. Whilst the thought didn't quite stop me from crying at Muscles' before and after ultrasound images it did make me plant an extra kiss onto Champ's chubby cheek and thank God for my blessings.

4 comments:

  1. I have those moments of realization, too. How women without living children manage this place, I don't know. I hope tomorrow (today?) puts you on the road to some much needed answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hold that little man tight.

    Wishing you all the best at your appt. Very curious to hear what they have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miscarriages are hard whether you've already have children or not. They suck and no one can tell you how you should feel.

    Hoping you and your doctors together will find the answer and you will continue to grow your family soon.

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete