Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

01 September 2009

Snakes


I am deeply saddened by the loss of our baby Muscles. I have many emotions about it, and yet somehow they seem dimmer than last time.

Maybe it is because I have already experienced miscarriage once. The emotions aren't taking me by surprise this time.

Maybe last time there was more shock and surprise. I am surprised by this outcome, I really thought that this would be our baby. With Turtledove I had strange denial feelings all along, but this time I 'knew' it would work out (more fool me). But the first time that we miscarried there was certainly a lot of 'this type of thing doesn't happen to us' thinking. This time, I knew that 'this type of thing' happens to lots of people and that includes us. Twice.

Maybe it's that I know that I'll recover. I don't want to discount the emotions of miscarriage, however it is different than I feared the first time. Recoverable. I cannot even stomach the thought of what it would do to Cowboy and I if we were to loose Champ. From that, we would never recover. Now I know that miscarriage is not in the same league. Last time, I thought I would go to pieces. Which I did, momentarily. But our family recovered. And we will again.

So my emotions are still hurting, but not as much. I am very sad about loosing Muscles. I am worried about future pregnancies. Overwhelmingly, I am frustrated by where we are.

As Cowboy pointed out to me last night, I have to do the first trimester over, and over. The worst trimester. I am a much nicer and happier pregnant woman once trimester 2 comes around. I promise.

So despite slogging it our for nearly 10 weeks this time, almost having the end to the first trimester nausea, exhaustion and grumpiness behind me, I am back where we started. I made it 10 weeks and then landed on the snake; the one that takes you back to square one.

5 comments:

  1. And now you know how Sisyphus feels. Except he only had to push a stupid old rock. This is much worse. I can feel your resignation. I wish this had never become something you would grow accustomed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the journey gets long and tedious sometimes. It's sounds like you are doing well, considering. I'm so glad to hear that. I hope that whenever you decide to try again, it's your last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you're back to square one.

    I often wish that everyone who had been through IF, miscarriages, baby loss, etc. could experience things with the naivete that non-IF'ers have, but I guess there is no going back.

    I'm sorry this is a heartache you've had to "get used to". No one should have to go through it once, much less a second time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been a terrible blogger and was devistated when I came back to your terrible news. I am so sorry, Red.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have been behind in my blog reading and was so very sad to read this latest news. I wish that we could all give you a big hug. How awful. I'm so so sorry.

    ReplyDelete