Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

25 September 2010

She's here!

Just a quick update:

Our beautiful daughter Beatrice was born 21 September at 9.47 am weighting in at 8lb 2 oz.

We had a 12 hour stop-start labour which ended with an hour of gas to finally get me those last 2 cm dilation. She was born naturally and came out screaming.

We are now at home and enjoying the start of a breastfeeding relationship which is taking up my every waking thought. Engorgement and cracked nipples at the moment but we are working together to get it right.

The hardest part is Champ. I want to play with him and be a good Mum, but am tired and sore and my emotions are all over the place.

Overall though we are besotted by our two lovely children and happy but tired.

10 comments:

  1. Hai,,thanks for sharing the blog post

    cheers
    http://indianacomedyvideos.blogspot.com/2010/09/everything-by-mcforrealzzz-indiana.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the whole Lemon Cake family! And I adore the name (as I knew I would ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you, and welcome to Beatrice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Beatrice and Liam have the same birthday!! Hang in there, Mama. I'm right there with you on the engorgement-- just trying to keep in mind that this will get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and welcome to the world, beautiful Beatrice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! It get so much easier, I PROMISE. I felt as if the hardest part was the first two weeks. It seems as if once we got past that, it was so much easier.

    Also, M and I established a "date night" for me and Will. Once a week, after M gets home from work, I take WIll someplace, just the two of us. It's nice, and it gives me some time with my little man. Of course, we didn't start that until Emma was a bit older (6 weeks, I believe), but just an idea that has worked well for us.

    Again, Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete