Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

21 April 2010

Surprised by the expected ("It's a...")

Our big ultrasound went wonderfully. Lucky is doing perfectly and measuring to be due 15 September (Champ is 15 December so if I go on my due date it will be easy to remember my kid's birthdays).

We did find out the gender. We kept trying to direct Champ to look at the screen to see his 'baby brother or sister', so the technician asked if we wanted to know if it was a brother or sister. Looks he will be a doting big brother to a little sister.

Even though I had a hunch I was having a girl all through the pregnancy, it was still a little bit of a shock.

A girl.

One of each.

Pigeon pair.

I can't get the song from Annie "Little Girls" out of my head. Some women are drippin' with diamonds, some women are drippin' with pearls; Lucky me, lucky me, looks what I am drippin' in... Little girls! Well, only one little girl, but if my family's baby shopping spree doesn't end soon, I imagine I'll soon feel overwhelmed by all the pink, dolls and frills.

5 comments:

  1. Yippee! I'm a little sister. Even though my brother sometimes made fun of me while we were growing up (still does, actually) I loved having a big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay- how lovely to know what's growing in your belly :)

    Is Champ excited to be big bro to a little sister??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weeeeee!!!! I'm so excited for you. Champ is going to be the sweetest big brother.

    ReplyDelete