Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

27 April 2010

Belly comparisons

Lucky is nearly half way through baking and I am finally starting to feel a little normal again. I haven't been actually sick in a few weeks and I only really get nauseous if I let myself get too hungry or I eat chocolate (seriously, my daughter hates chocolate!). I am however still chronically exhausted. I am sleeping insane hours and still waking up tired. But maybe that is just part and parcel of having a toddler while pregnant.

I have been feeling guilty because we took so many belly pics with Champ but, until last week, not one with Lucky. For the first trimester it was more about protecting myself. I didn't want belly pics lying around if this pregnancy had gone the way of my last two. And recently I have been too sick and tired to actually be dressed and bother taking a photo.

I figure if she ever asks for pictures of me while pregnant with her, I will do one of two things: a) explain that she made me sicker than her brother ever did so he got more pics than she did; or b) lie and show her the ones of me with Champ.

But out of curiosity, I got Cowboy to take a photo for me last week so I could compare them. Sorry, I am not going to show the side on ones of me with just a bra on which is the only comparable angle we have. But, you can compare these photos of me fully dress, albeit not on a comparable angle and with me slightly further along now than in the pic with Champ.

With Champ at 18 weeks (at a masquerade party):

With Lucky at 19 weeks (last week):


Just to show that my belly is bigger than my boobs!

6 comments:

  1. That is a very nice looking belly. I was waaaay bigger than that at 19 weeks, and three times as big as I was with Z. But I have a short little torso, so what can one expect? I also don't have as many belly shots with this one. But I think about my mother of whom I've seen only one pregnant photo, and it was at the very end when she was quite large, and I figure that's all that really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be a PIA, but would you possibly please please change you comment settings to allow name/url commenting? I have the darndest time commenting on your blog because I have three different google accts and I'm never logged into the right one at the right time and I have to log out and log in and navigate back to your blog every time, and half the time I lose my comment in the process. I know, I know. Poor me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely beautiful!! Yay for Belly Pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Furrow - I think I changed the right setting. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you look amazing!!!!!!! Congratulations on a little girl, btw! It was what I was thinking, based on your (our, really:)) symptoms!

    Also, I know I am definitely carrying Emma differently. She is lower and more "compact" while the rest of me is spreading faster!

    ReplyDelete