Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

19 July 2009

Please Grandpa

I have fond childhood memories of my Grandfather sitting in his tent in the seaside caravan park where my extended family and I spent most summers. He would have his glasses pushed down, bent over in deep concentration with the latest form guide in hand and listen to the horse racing.

I don't know if he was any good at betting. I do remember my uncle and him celebrating many a 'good win' but I am sure that if I asked my Grandmother, she would tell me that he lost more than he won. Still, he studied the form guide, checked the odds and placed his bet.

Maybe that is why I expected this cycle to come out with a BFP. I studied my symptoms, knew the odds (2 for 2, gotta mean something) and placed my bet.

It paid off. I am pregnant again.

Other childhood memories of my Grandfather including me sitting on his knee reading story after story; of me playing hairdresser by placing curlers all through his grey dampened hair and brushing it for hours on end; of him tickling my toes in front of the fireplace just the way I liked it to be done; of sleeping over at my Grandparent's house and setting the table for him for breakfast the way I knew he liked it to be done (left handed).

My Grandfather passed away 4 years ago. Sometimes in the last few months I have imagined Turtledove, a 3 old feminine version of Champ, sitting on my Grandfather's knee 'up there'. They are both smiling, both so happy to be together.

So now I am pregnant again.

Grandpa, I know that Turtledove must be happy with you, but please, can we keep this one?

5 comments:

  1. You totally knew it! Congratulations! Sending up prayers for a very sticky bean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! How exciting!! Very happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm praying that everything goes well with this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, of course you are. Congratulations! Sending sticky vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a moving post, hanging in there with you, and the baby of course...

    ReplyDelete